A lazy weekend breakfast is the best reward for making it through a long week of work/school, cold cereal and quick to-go sandwiches, so why not celebrate by making it a little more special than your weekday usual? While we’re on the topic of special treats, is there anything quite like French Toast for weekend breakfast?
I shared this picture on my social media a while back and since many of you were curious about the recipe, I figured I’d be a pal and share a whole post about it 😉
FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
2/3 cup of milk
2 tsp of ground Mixed Spices
1 tsp of Black Pepper
A pinch of salt
10 slices of bread of your choice. I personally love Ensvalley Wholemeal 8-Grain bread
1/2 green bell peeper
1 bunch of fresh coriander
2 slices of ham (optional)
Bananas, Apples and Cinnamon (Optional)
1) On a cutting board, finely chop the onion, green bell pepper, coriander, tomatoes and ham.
2) In a wide bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, Mixed Spices, salt and pepper. Stir in the vegetables from step 1) and whisk until the mixture is well blended. Ensure that the bowl is wide enough to place the slice of bread which you will be using.
3) Heat a little Olive Oil in a non-stick pan, over medium-high heat. You could opt for butter instead, depending on your preference.
4) I like to spread some honey over my bread before placing each slice into the egg mixture because I find that the flavours come together and explode beautifully in my mouth 🙂 This is optional, but if you haven’t tried it, you’re not living 😛
5) Using a tablespoon, scoop some of the ham and vegetables and spread them evenly over one side of each slice. Shake off any excess egg mixture and place the bread slices onto the hot pan
6) Fry for about 3 minutes on one side, then flip and brown the other side
7) Grease the pan if necessary and repeat the steps with the remaining slices of bread
8) Serve hot with apples and bananas sprinkled with cinnamon, and your choice of beverage. I opted for peach flavored tea.
I hosted my team and some friends for breakfast after one of our chasing-the-sunrise escapades and we had so much fun shooting this feature! Would you like to see more recipes here? Drop me a comment below and let me know 🙂
One last thing! If you try out this recipe, snap a picture and feel free to tag me. I’d love to see your yummy creations! 😛
~Love and Love~