Guess who recently got her posh doll on? 😀
Happy December, everyone! I can’t believe it’s actually the final lap until the end of 2018! December is my second favourite month of the year (my birthday month is first, of course 😛 ) and I always take this opportunity to treat myself to the finer things in life. In this light, I FINALLY visited Posh Palace Hair Studio and Spa, to see for myself what all the hype is about. Over the past two years, I’ve really become accustomed to doing my own hair – unless I’m getting braids done, or giving my wigs some TLC – so leaving the fate of my hair in someone else’s hands was both exciting and scary. What gave me a whole lot of comfort was the fact that Posh Palace is home to some of Nairobi’s best natural hair stylists, so deep down I knew I was in good hands.
It was a Friday and I had an event the same evening so it goes without saying, I had to BRING IT! I knew I wanted a sophisticated up-do and I left the rest to my stylist, Hair By Ibrahimos to surprise me. Just so you know it’s real, for the most part of the styling, there was no mirror in sight so it was a surprise SURPRISE! Lol!
I was also getting vacation-ready so of course you know I had to get my nails snatched too. I live for the ease and convenience of gel polish and the fact that I won’t be held hostage by wet polish and long drying time always seals the deal for me. Violet, my nail tech, was super! She was thorough, but gentle, and I loved that her application technique ensured the polish wouldn’t form bubbles or that dreaded thickness at the tip of the nails. I’m always so indecisive when it comes to choosing nail polish colours so I almost always have two tones on my nails. Thank goodness it’s a thing now 😀
So, is Posh Palace overrated or is it worth all the hype? Here’s my two cents.
- From the moment you walk into the studio, you can’t help but feel transported to a whole new place. The marriage between the red brick walls and modern interior accents gives the studio so much character, which I fell in love with.
- All the staff are so warm and welcoming! It’s like this fab place where everyone is just having a good day!
- Hygiene is a HUGE factor for me when it comes to salons. It’s the little things like using fresh towels for every customer, rather than having one towel at the sink for all customers who get their hair washed. Yes, there are salons that actually do this. Smh. Because I have sensitive skin, lining the shower caps with serviettes is also a win for me. Posh Palace checks out on all of these.
- The products they use for both hair and nails rank high in quality, which made me feel super comfortable with their service.
- Of course, there’s the outcome. If I must spend money for a salon service, I best leave the building looking like money! I loved my whole look and got so many compliments about both the hair and nails!
- Also, they serve nice wine, which was just perfect to get my Friday started 😛
Verdict? Posh Palace is definitely worth all the hype!
Have any of you been there? What was your experience like? Drop me a comment and let me know!
Salon: Posh Palace
Hair Stylist: Hair By Ibrahimos
Nails: Violet – Posh Palace
Makeup: Dennis Karuri
Photography: Job Art