We are right in the thick of wedding season and as much as it feels great to have those invites rolling in, trying to figure out what to wear to a wedding can be a daunting task. On the flip side, weddings are always a fun affair and the perfect opportunity to be a dolled up delight and put your best foot forward. So, what are the do’s and dont’s of wedding attire, you ask?
- Always stick to and respect the theme. A wedding is certainly not the time for you to get rebellious and create your own dress code. If the theme is all black, it would be plain rude to show up in neon colours. Lol!
- When it comes to what to wear to a wedding, make sure your outfit is tasteful, sophisticated and not too revealing. The idea is to keep it classy, never trashy.
- Feel free to add some much welcome interest to your outfit story with fabulous accessories.
- Save the casual wear for Fridays at the office and put your
bestdressiest foot forward!
- Clutch bags and sling bags are your friend. Unless it’s absolutely necessary, save the huge bags for a weekend getaway 🙂
- Unless it’s the specified dress code, wearing white to a wedding is an absolute no-no. Leave that for the bride.
- It’s definitely a form of good manners to show up dressed to the nines, but try not to steal the bride’s moment to shine. You don’t want to look overdressed, or be under-dressed and look un-bothered – somewhere in between is just perfect.
- Jeans are simply unacceptable when it comes to the dos and don’ts of what to wear to a wedding. For Pete’s sake, just don’t do it!
- Heels are always welcome, but
gully-creepingstruggling to survive in them is never a good look. Wear shoes that you’ll be comfortable in all day, bearing in mind all the dancing involved in African weddings! 😀
That’s it for my tips on what to wear to a wedding! I hope this was helpful and thank you all for stopping by!
SHOP THE POST:
Hair Details: Here
Shimmery Dress: Thrift
Earrings: Random Shop In The CBD.